These terms and conditions apply to the booking of any wedding advertised. Terms and conditions need to be carefully read and understood prior to signing the booking form and sending a deposit for your wedding ‘’Client’’ means the person purchasing the services. ‘’Venue’’ means Gisburne Park Estate (GPE). ‘’Services’’ means the services to be provided by the venue to the client as set out in the wedding contract.
- Venue hire at GPE is 10 acres of land and accommodation at our riverside house.
- The hire period is for the dates specified and agreed with GPE. It can only be altered in agreement with GPE and confirmed in writing. GPE reserves the right to accept or refuse such request to extend a booking time at their discretion and without explanation.
- To protect the exclusivity of your wedding, GPE will only book one wedding at any one time. Additional time required for setting up must be agreed in advance with us, and may not be permitted if another event either precedes or follows yours.
- Exclusivity relates the areas of the Estate you have booked only. Not the whole estate.
- If any part of the package is not taken, it will be released on general sale to the public.
- A GPE member of staff is on duty for the period of the event.
Booking & Payments
The price of the services is that which is set out in the event planner issued by the venue.
The venue reserves the right to amend the price upon written notice to the client in order to reflect any changes in the costs beyond the reasonable control of the venue (including changes in VAT rates). The client will be asked to confirm acceptance of the increased price.
A non-refundable deposit of £2,000.00 is payable to secure the booking.
- A further non-refundable payment of 50% of the total estimated value is payable six months prior to the wedding.
- The final balance is required 8 weeks prior to the wedding date.
Final numbers are required 2 calendar months prior to the wedding.
- Provisional bookings for venue hire will be held for 7 days. If the deposit, booking form and signed agreement are not received within the specified time then we reserve the right to resell the date.
- All bookings are confirmed only after the booking form, Terms and Conditions and paperwork are signed and returned, and all relevant deposits have been paid. GPE reserved the right to cancel your wedding if payment conditions are not upheld. Receipt of your booking form and deposit confirms your acceptance of all terms and conditions.
Additional Payment Terms regarding Late bookings
Weddings booked 3-12 months’ prior
An initial non-refundable deposit of 50% is required to secure the booking.
The final payment of 50% to be paid 8 weeks prior to the wedding date.
Weddings booked within 12 weeks prior
Full non-refundable payment is required to secure the booking.
- Payments can be made by debit and credit cards (except Amex), cash, bank transfer or cheque. Cheques should be made payable to: Gisburne Park Estate. Any payments made less than one month prior to your wedding must be made by debit, credit card, cash or bank transfer. Cheques will not be accepted.
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- GPE and any of its business operations reserve the right to bill for any extra items missed from the first invoice or for additional service or goods required. Additional monies required will be collected after notification has been given to the card holder.
- GPE reserves the right to alter pricing without prior notification, up until the full deposit is paid and confirmation paperwork signed (contract and terms and conditions). Clients who have requested information for the time periods not covered in our current pricing schedule must ask for prices before booking.
- Cancellation Policy: in the event of cancellation, we regret that pre-payments and deposits will not be refunded under any circumstances. Cancellations must be sent in writing. Should we not be informed of your cancellation in writing, GPE will look to recover all outstanding monies. On late cancellations we reserve the right to recover all outstanding monies.
- If cancellations are:
Within 24 weeks of the date booked, 25% of all venue hire will be charged.
Within 12 weeks of the date booked, 50% of all venue hire will be charged.
Within 4 weeks of the date booked, 100% of all venue hire will be charged.
It is in our interest to try and re-let the booking on your behalf, and if we are successful this may reduce the cancellation charges. However, we cannot guarantee to do so.
We strongly recommend that you take out Cancellation Insurance.
- GPE reserves the right to cancel any booking without any liability on their part in event of any damage or destruction of the riverside house or garden marquee by fire or any other cause beyond their control, which shall prevent them from discharging their obligation in connection with any other booking. In such cases, all fees paid will be returned forthwith. GPE will not be responsible for any consequential loss arising from this condition.
Liability & Responsibility
- GPE (for itself and any other business run by it, its employees, and agents) shall not be liable to the Client or third parties for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience which may be suffered, incurred, arising out of or in any way connected with the hiring of the venue or grounds. No term of the contract is enforceable under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a person not party to the Contract.
- The client will be required to lodge a deposit of £500 against damage to GPE’s property prior to the wedding date. This includes the marquee, its service buildings, and any fixtures or fittings therein and Riverside House. This will be returned following the wedding, provided all areas have been left in good condition. In the event of any damage, the client will be responsible for a full reimbursement to GPE. This applies even if such damage is the fault of a guest or subcontractor of the client. Any damage must be reported and recorded to the GPE member of staff on duty immediately.
- The client agrees to pay GPE the full cost of any property stolen. This applies even if such damage is the fault of a guest or subcontractor of the client.
- Whilst we encourage guests to enjoy the gardens during weddings, the property has areas of potential hazards due to its proximity to woodland, water and animals. Use of any area of the property other than areas booked for the wedding by guests not staying in our accommodation is strictly forbidden.
- All children (up to the age of 16) are the responsibility of their parents; they must be supervised at all times and any damage caused by them will be reimbursed by the clients. Should any child be found to be behaving in a manner that compromise the safety and welfare of themselves, any other guests and staff managing the event, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the child and its parents may be requested to leave the premises. We adopt this policy in order to ensure that clients and their guests can enjoy the wedding to the full.
- The clients are responsible for the behaviour and actions of their guests while at GPE and its venues. Inappropriate behaviour may result in the event being stopped early, and the offending guests removed from the property.
- Clients are responsible to keep the Administrator aware of any changes in their email or postal address during the period following the booking and wedding. GPE and its enterprises and staff are not held responsible for non-receipt of communication if this is not done.
- GPE operate a zero tolerance policy. Aggressive, violent or threatening behaviour towards staff or guests will not be tolerated. Illegal substance use or distribution will not be tolerated. Individuals displaying the above behaviour will be asked to leave the premises and the police informed.
- GPE does not accept liability for outside contractors and service providers, any damage incurred by them, or their failure to fulfil their contract.
- Clients are required to use our nominated suppliers for food, drink and marquee hire.
- It is the client’s responsibility to specify and liaise with all suppliers and/or sub-contractors.
- Clients are responsibility for arranging rubbish collection with their sub-contractors. This must be completed by 9.00am the day following the wedding.
- Eight weeks prior to the wedding, a final meeting is scheduled with our Wedding co-ordinator. At this meeting we will require all contact details for outside contractors, service providers or guests with special duties at your wedding.
- All requests for changes following this meeting must be made verbally and in writing to our Wedding Co-ordinator.
- There can be no alterations to the agreed decoration or use of the venue from fourteen days beforehand.
Additional Terms & Conditions
- The venue is a non-smoking area. Guests wishing to smoke are invited to do so outside and use the outdoor tubs provided.
- Paper confetti is prohibited at GPE. Natural flower petals are permitted.
- Exclusivity relates to the areas of the Estate that you have booked only.
- No dogs are allowed either in the grounds or buildings during the wedding. The only exception is guide or hearing dogs.
- Guests are not permitted to bring their own alcohol into the wedding under any circumstances. Anyone bringing alcohol into the wedding venue will have it confiscated and may be asked to leave the venue.
- The use of drones is only permitted within the venue when being operated by a professional photographer who is providing the official photography on the wedding day and must obtain permission from GPE in advance.
- Last orders from the bar are taken at 12.30am. The last dance is at 12.45am and all facilities are to be cleared by 01.00am. All non-residents guests must depart by 01.00am at the latest and any resident guests must retire to their accommodation at the same time.
- Clients must ensure that adequate transportation is provided for guests to depart the wedding by the required time. The Wedding Co-ordinator will require confirmation of the booking of taxis and buses.
- Any personal effects left by the clients or their guests and contractors are their responsibility completely. Permission must be granted in advance if bridal decorations are to be left overnight and they must be collected by arrangement the following day. GPE and its staff take no responsibility for their condition.
- We have a 7 day lost and found policy, which means we can only keep any items found for that period of time. It is the principal guest of their designated representative’s responsibility to check for all personal belongings before departing the wedding. Any items will be given to the Wedding Co-ordinator and may be collected during working hours by agreement or can be sent to the guest at their expense. All postage must be paid in advance, and GPE takes no responsibility for loss of property once delivered to the Post Office.
- We are happy to accommodate weddings booked by clients with different faiths, and dietary requirements. It would assist us if we could be informed of this when enquiries are made. Our preferred catering contractors have experience of catering for all types of events.
- GPE offers accommodation in a number of lodges and cottages on site. Specific descriptions and information relating to the booking and payment for these is handled in separate Accommodations Terms and Conditions.
- GPE will ensure reasonable steps are taken to provide adequate drainage of the marquee site.
- We have a written Complaints Procedure, which is available on request. Complaints must be made in writing within seven days of the wedding. All complaints will be investigated and a response sent within seven days of its presentation.
- We reserve the right to update Terms and Conditions. You will be notified of Terms and Conditions updates, via the post. These updates must be agreed by both GPE and the Client.